Creamy Poblano Tacos
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Serves 6 (serving size: 2 tortillas and about 1 cup filling)
Look for chayote in Mexican markets, or substitute zucchini.
- 6 large poblano chiles (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium white onion, cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 (5-in.) corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1 ear corn, grilled and kernels removed
- 1 chayote, peeled, grilled, and diced (optional)
- Calories 255
- Fat 9g
- Satfat 0.4g
- Monofat 3g
- Polyfat 2.3g
- Protein 6g
- Carbohydrate 44g
- Fiber 6g
- Cholesterol 8mg
- Iron 0.0mg
- Sodium 325mg
- Calcium 50mg
- Sugars 5g
- Est. added sugars 0g
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high with oven rack 6 inches from heat. Broil chiles 8 minutes or until blackened, turning frequently. Place in a bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel, seed, and slice chiles into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add sliced chiles and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in crema and salt; cook 1 minute. Divide chile mixture among tortillas; top with radishes, corn, and chayote, if using.