Eggplant rolls stuffed with gratin
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Eggplants are washed, peeled and sliced long as thin as possible.
Place a baking sheet on the tray laid out in the oven, place the eggplant slices, sprinkle with salt and grease with oil (3 tablespoons), then bake for 15 minutes or until soft. When the time has elapsed, remove the tray and leave to cool.
While the eggplant is in the oven, prepare the sauce; cook the onion slightly simmered, sprinkled with salt, in 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 3 tablespoons of water ... keep on low heat until well softened (a few minutes, add the tomato paste, 100 ml of water, let bring to a boil, adjust the taste of sugar, salt and pepper and add the chopped basil and set aside the sauce.
Vegetables for the filling, chop (onion), pepper,, grate the carrot, zucchini, put in a pan in 3 tablespoons olive oil and lightly fry, add the dill. When they have softened, set the bowl aside, add beaten eggs with yogurt and mix. Add the Parmesan cheese and cheese.
On each strip of eggplant, put a teaspoon of the filling, roll and place in the tray of Jena (shape). Pour the sauce over the rolls, add parmesan and au gratin in the oven, I kept the bowl for about 40 -45 minutes.
Feel free to add more Parmesan cheese to your plate ... delicious!
Eggplant rolls stuffed with vegetables. My favorites. Here is the complete recipe
Eggplant rolls stuffed with vegetables are absolutely delicious. They have a slightly spicy taste and are very fragrant. You've probably never eaten anything like this before. You can find the recipe in the rows below.
- 1 kg eggplant, 2 carrots
- 1 bell pepper, 4 cloves garlic
- Greenery (dill, parsley)
- 10 black peppercorns
- Sunflower oil (for frying)
Ingredients for the marinade:
- 1 liter of water, 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar
Method of preparation:
Wash the eggplants well, then cut them lengthwise into thin strips. If the eggplants are bitter, put salt on them and leave them aside for 20 minutes, then rinse them under a stream of cold water and dry them with paper towels.
We clean the carrots, then we put them on a coarse grater. Peel the bell peppers, rinse them well and cut them into strips.
Grease a pan with sunflower oil, using a brush. Fry the eggplant on both sides until golden. Then take the eggplants out of the pan and fill them. We put on the eggplant strips bell peppers, carrots and chopped greens. We roll the eggplant strips. In this way, we fill all the eggplants.
On the bottom of a clean jar we put a few cloves of garlic and black peppercorns. Then add the eggplant rolls in the jar. We thus fill the entire jar.
Add salt, sugar and vinegar essence to the jar. Fill the jar with boiling water and tighten the lid tightly. Let the jar of eggplant rolls cool.
After it has cooled completely, we store it in a dark and cool place, preferably in the cellar or pantry.
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Wash the eggplant, remove the heads and tail and cut them lengthwise into 1 cm thick slices. In a tray lined with baking paper, place the slices, sprinkle with olive oil and season with salt. Leave them in the oven until golden brown, then set the tray aside to cool. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, place the minced meat and add the chopped parsley, onion and garlic, egg, dried thyme and season with salt and pepper. Stir and set aside.
For the sauce, peel, wash and chop the tomatoes and onions, then put them in a saucepan and add the crushed garlic, olive oil, basil and salt powder. Bring to a boil over medium heat until soft.
In a blender, mix the mixture in the pan until you get a sauce. After the eggplants have cooled, roll each slice in which you put a tablespoon of meat filling, then place them in a tray with high walls. Pour in the marinara sauce and sprinkle with all the grated mozzarella, as well as the chilli flakes. Bake the pan for 40-45 minutes. Serve the rolls warm and decorate them with your favorite greens.
Eggplant ingredients stuffed with minced meat, recipe in the oven
Ingredients for 8 servings.
- -4 equal eggplants, about 300 g each
- -1 onion
- -1 small carrot
- -2-3 medium tomatoes
- -400 g minced meat
- -half a bell pepper
- -2 cloves of garlic
- -2 teaspoons of salt
- -1 knife tip freshly ground pepper
- -1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- -optional thyme
- -200 g grated cheese or parmesan, mozzarella
- -30 ml oil
Eggplant au gratin with cheese and tomato sauce with garlic & # 8211 in the oven
Eggplant au gratin with cheese and tomato sauce with garlic, in the oven. Baked eggplant recipe with cheese and tomatoes. How to make eggplant au gratin with sauce? Baked vegetable recipes. Eggplant recipes.
These au gratin aubergines have a special taste! I'm nn kind of eggplant bite no meat. Fried and layered eggplant slices with fresh tomato sauce with garlic and basil and sprinkled with grated cheese. The cheese melts in the oven and spreads in layers. Yummy!
Being in the eggplant and tomato season, I recommend using a fresh tomato sauce, prepared cold, by the minute & # 8211 with basil leaves, garlic and a little olive oil. Here is his recipe here:
I had a big eggplant left in the fridge and I thought of cooking it somehow. I really liked this classic Italian idea to gratinate eggplant slices with cheese and tomato sauce! The classic recipe for eggplant parmesan or aubergines with parmesan cheese it is done a little differently and you can find it here.
We also like breaded eggplants or just rolled in flour and fried in oil. They are super tasty! So I set to work and made this casserole with eggplant au gratin with cheese, tomatoes and garlic.
Eggplant rolls stuffed with rice
Boil the rice according to the instructions on the package and drain.
Eggplants are washed and cut lengthwise into 16 thin slices. The slices should be salted and then allowed to soak for 10 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees circulating air.
Peel an onion and cut it into cubes with the olives. Tofu is cut into strips.
Vegetable soup and cooking cream are mixed in a pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the almond paste and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Fry the onion cubes in a tablespoon of hot oil for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
Season the rice, olives and capers with salt and pepper. Pour the rice into a bowl and mix with 1 tablespoon parsley.
Drizzle the eggplant slices with a kitchen towel, lightly brown in a tablespoon of hot oil for 3 minutes on each side, and set aside.
The tofu strips are browned on both sides, in the rest of the oil, for 2-3 minutes. Distribute the rice and tofu over the eggplant slices and roll tightly.
Place the eggplant rolls in a heat-resistant form (Ø 24 cm), pour the almond paste on top and bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven.
Ingredients Eggplant stuffed fasting in the oven, Turkish recipe "İmam bayıldı"
- 2 medium-sized eggplants, rather long, 270-300 grams / piece each
- 2 medium-sized onions & # 8211 about 100 grams / piece & # 8211 minced julienne (fish)
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 1-2 green hot peppers (optional)
- 2 large tomatoes (or 200 grams of canned tomatoes)
- 100 ml. tomato paste
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 80 ml. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of za & # 8217atar, which can be replaced with a little dried thyme
- 1 bunch of chopped green parsley
- optional, 1 small tomato for decoration
Preparation of eggplant stuffed fasting in the oven, Turkish recipe "İmam bayıldı" & # 8211 eggplant preparation
1. Prepare a large bowl in which you put 2 liters of cold water, 1 tablespoon of salt and the juice of 1/2 lemon. Stir until the salt dissolves.
2. Wash the whole eggplant well and toss with a kitchen towel. Shorten the tail of each eggplant, cutting off the entire surface layer of the tail and keeping only as much as necessary to hold the eggplant together. The peel is cleaned at length, with a knife or a peeler, in strips about 2-3 cm wide, alternating with portions on which the peel is kept, obtaining a striped appearance. Put the cleaned eggplant in a bowl of salted water and lemon.
3. Place a plate or other weight on top of the eggplant to keep them immersed. Keep the eggplant in salted water and lemon for 45 minutes.
4. After 45 minutes, remove the eggplant from the water and press lightly on them, then whisk well with kitchen towels.
Baked eggplant stuffed eggplant, Turkish recipe "İmam bayıldı", vegetable preparation
5. While the eggplants are in the water bath with salt and lemon juice, we take care of the vegetables. We will clean and chop the julienne (fish) onion, we will crush the garlic and we will chop the diced bell pepper and seeds into cubes. The pepper used can be green, yellow, white garden pepper or red, as I happened to have.
6. The tomatoes are scalded as shown at recipe for tomato sauce in a jar (video), after they have been slightly notched beforehand. After scalding, put the tomatoes in a bowl of ice water then clean the skin and cut into cubes, keeping them aside until we need them. Alternatively, we can use canned tomatoes.
Baked stuffed eggplant, Turkish recipe “İmam bayıldı”, eggplant frying and preparation for stuffing
7. Once the 45 minutes required for the eggplants to soak in the brine salt have passed and they have been well whipped, turn on the oven and set it at 180 ° C.
8. We choose a pan of the right size, so that both eggplants fit in it. Heat the pan over medium heat and pour in 1/3 of the olive oil. After the oil is suitable for heating, put the eggplants in the pan and brown them, turning them on all sides. This eggplant browning takes about 8 minutes. Because eggplant absorbs a lot of oil, you may need to add 1 tablespoon during the operation.
9. After they are browned all around, the eggplants are taken directly into the tray where they will be baked. With a spoon, split lengthwise both eggplants, which were soaked during frying, making room in them as in boats, ready to receive the filling.
Eggplants stuffed with baked vegetables, Turkish recipe "İmam bayıldı", preparation of vegetable filling
10. Add the rest of the oil to the pan and immediately all the chopped onion and crushed garlic. Sprinkle with a little salt from the beginning, so that the onion removes the liquid contained and softens. Saute the onion over low heat, soften without browning at all, about 8-10 minutes. We do not lose sight of it during this time, so that it does not burn.
11. After the onion has softened, add the bell pepper and, if you use it, the diced hot pepper. Stir frequently and cook together for another 3-4 minutes.
12. Add the diced tomatoes and, only if necessary and the sauce seems too dry, a few tablespoons of water. Boil everything for 10-15 minutes, until the liquid drops and the oil rises to the surface.
Turn off the heat and season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Add chopped green parsley, keeping a little for the preparation at the end and I added za & # 8217atar, which is a mixture of spices specific to the Middle East, The main ingredient of this spice is wild thyme. So if you don't have this spice, you can add thyme (if you want).
Filling eggplants and baking
13. The filling is divided between the two eggplants, making room with a spoon. Although it will look like too much stuffing for the two eggplants, we'll load them until they're all in, they'll be in the oven anyway.
14. Stir tomato broth (the 100 ml. recorded on the list of ingredients above) with as much water and pour into the pan, in addition to the stuffed eggplant. Optionally, place 2 quarters of tomatoes (from a small tomato) on top of the eggplants and place them in the preheated oven at 180 ° C, at an average height, for 45 minutes & # 8211 1 hour.
Turkish recipe "İmam bayıldı", serving
At the end of cooking in the oven, these stuffed eggplants in the oven, which made the imam faint, must be reddish and incredibly fragrant. Remove from the oven, leave to cool a bit, sprinkle with green parsley and serve hot, along with a fresh stick or any good bread, with which to absorb the last drop of incredibly tasty sauce next to them.
For a refreshing note, Turks usually offer next to these delicious stuffed eggplants İmam bayıldı and a simple yogurt sauce with lemon juice and mint. I also made this sauce, which gave authenticity and an even better taste to this dish, which is incredibly tasty anyway. If you want a 100% vegan dish, of course, it's enough to enjoy eggplant without any yogurt sauce, they are a celebration in themselves. Let the recipe be useful and don't forget the promised story, you will find it here.
Grilled pork rolls stuffed with vegetables au gratin (II) served with vegetable food
- Grilled pork rolls stuffed with au gratin vegetables (II) (Maria Matyiku / Epoch Times) Grilled pork rolls stuffed with au gratin vegetables (II)
- Vegetable food (Maria Matyiku / Epoch Times) Vegetable food
- The main ingredients (Maria Matyiku / Epoch Times) The main ingredients
- Onions, peppers and leeks are smothered in oil (Maria Matyiku / Epoch Times) Onions, peppers and leeks are smothered in oil
- Add eggplant (Maria Matyiku / Epoch Times) Add eggplant
- Add tomatoes, zucchini and broth (Maria Matyiku / Epoch Times) Add tomatoes, zucchini and broth
- Vegetable food is ready when vegetables are penetrated (Maria Matyiku / Epoch Times) Vegetable food is ready when vegetables are penetrated
Meat rolls filled with au gratin vegetables complement wonderfully with this vegetable dish, being an easy and particularly tasty alternative for those who for various reasons avoid eating potatoes or other foods from the carbohydrate group.
Ingredients used to prepare vegetable food:
2 tablespoons oil,
2 pieces of leeks,
2 small onions,
250 g tomatoes,
250 ml broth,
1 teaspoon sumac * (optional),
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 bunch of greens
Start first with the preparation of the vegetables: the eggplant is cut into cubes, which are then sprinkled with salt, and left for a few hours in a plastic sieve, to remove the bitter substances from the eggplant onion is cleaned and finely chopped leeks cut into rounds, then wash well under running water, to remove any sand particles left among the leaves, cut the tomatoes into pieces the size of half a walnut, and cut the pumpkins into cubic strips 2 cm long.
Saute onion and leek in oil for 2-3 minutes, then add peppers and eggplant. Continue to boil for about 5 minutes, then add the tomatoes and broth. After a quarter of an hour add the diced zucchini. Vegetable food is ready when the vegetables are penetrated. Add salt and pepper to taste. optionally, if you have it at hand you can add a teaspoon of sumac.
Sprinkle finely chopped greens on top.
It is served as such or as a side dish in addition to meat rolls stuffed with au gratin vegetables.
For the meat roll recipe, go to the following link
*Note: Sumac is a red-purple spice with a sour, fruity taste obtained from the dried fruits of the Rhus Coraria plant. This plant grows in our country in the hilly and mountainous areas, being known especially in the Mediterranean region and in some areas of Central Asia.
If you find yourself in the taste of the recipes on this blog, I am waiting for you every day on facebook page. You will find there many recipes posted, new ideas and discussions with those interested.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds. There you will be able to upload your photos with tried and tested dishes from this blog. We will be able to discuss menus, food recipes and much more. However, I urge you to follow the group's rules!
You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest, with the same name "Recipes of all kinds".
Eggplant rolls in tomato sauce
The other day I found in the market only good thin eggplants to prepare this recipe for eggplant rolls in tomato sauce.
They are easy to prepare, fast and can be made in many variants. I chose the simple version only with eggplant, mozzarella and a tasty tomato sauce, flavored with basil, made from a can of whole tomatoes from Sun Food.
They can be served as a hot appetizer or why not as a main course.
We also recommend other delicious recipes in which we used Sun Food cans.
- Appetizer plate with hummus
Eggplant rolls in tomato sauce-Ingredients
- 2 thin eggplants
- 125 g fresh mozzarella
- a can of whole SunFood tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 teaspoons honey or sugar
- olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
How do we prepare tomato sauce with basil?
Put the canned tomatoes in a cylindrical bowl, add honey, salt, pepper and mix with a vertical blender until you get a fine paste.
Put two tablespoons of oil in a pan, add the crushed garlic and sauté for a few seconds. Add the tomato sauce, 100 ml of water and simmer for a few minutes.
Add the basil leaves and set aside.
How do we make eggplant rolls filled with mozzarella?
Eggplants are cut into thin slices lengthwise. Sprinkle with salt and set aside until juice. Place a paper towel on top of them and press by hand to absorb the water.
Heat a cast iron grill, grease with a little olive oil and place the eggplant slices.
Hold for two minutes on each side or until it takes the shape of the grill.
Remove and place on a plate.
The mozzarella is cut into suitable pieces and then the rolls are formed.
Place two slices of eggplant in the shape of (T), superimposed on the base. Place the piece of mozzarella on top, the basil leaves and then wrap starting with the sides, then roll.
Place the eggplant rolls in the tomato sauce, cover the pan with a lid and keep on the right heat for about 10-15 minutes.
It is preferable to use a frying pan that can also be used in the oven… if not, proceed as follows: with a spatula, move the rolls to another pan or gratin shape, turn the sauce over and sprinkle over each grated Parmesan roll.
Place the pan in the preheated oven at 200 ° C for 10 minutes until the Parmesan cheese is au gratin.
These eggplant rolls in tomato sauce are left to cool slightly before being eaten… but they are just as tasty and cold.
Other recipes in which I used eggplant can be found below, click on the title on the images !!
- Greek eggplant bite
- Eggplant bread
We are waiting for you with us on the Instagram page.
If you try our recipes and post on Instagram, you can put the hashtag #bucatareselevesele, so we can see them too.
You can also find us on the Youtube channel - Bucataresele Vesele, where we are waiting for you to subscribe !!